Solar Piping - Roof entry Examples
Roof entries for solar pipe-work are area that still generates a lot of debate.
The ideal roof entry should have the following characteristics;
- Be absolutely water tight.
- Air tightness is also a must when dealing with sealed houses.
- Long life, at least 30 years and UV resistant.
- Be simple and quick to fit.
- Not unduly disburb the roof tiles/slates.
- Be able to withstand high temperatures that may result if the panel stagnates in hot weather.
- Be relatively cost effective.
Many manufactures have come out with versions over the years, but the Author's choice is a running nipple
joined to the roof with a good quality sealant or high temperature seals. The solar stainless steel pipe
is threaded through the centre. The whole assemply is seal with solar insulation.
Some other examples.